Racial discrimination is a pervasive and harmful problem that many workers here in the state of California face on a regular basis. That being said. if you believe you have been discriminated against in the workplace due to your race, you should understand your rights afforded under the law and how a seasoned Los Angeles employment discrimination lawyer can defend you. Please continue reading and reach out to RD Law Group to learn more about how our firm can fight for your rights and future and get you the compensation you deserve via a workplace discrimination claim. Here are some of the questions you may have:
What are some of the most common examples of racial discrimination in the workplace?
Here at RD Law Group, we see various examples of race-based discrimination occur in the workplace, but some of the most common are as follows:
- Paying employees unequally because of their race
- Denying promotions to certain employees because of their race
- Making jokes or directing racial slurs at employees
- Having an unfair recruitment process in place that favors certain racial backgrounds
- Unjustifiably terminating certain employees based on their race
- Allowing racial harassment or intimidation to occur within the workplace
- Taking certain unwarranted or unnecessarily heavy-handed disciplinary actions against employees solely because of their race
- Retaliating against employees for reporting race-based discrimination
- Allowing racial biases to permeate performance reviews
What should I do if I’m a victim of race-based discrimination in CA?
If you believe you are a victim of racial discrimination in the workplace, the first thing you should do is retain the services of a seasoned employment lawyer who can inform you of your rights and fight for the justice you deserve. If possible, you should try and document the incident(s) of workplace discrimination, which an attorney can use to help prove your discrimination claim.
What is the California Fair Employment and Housing Act?
Employees in California are protected from race-based discrimination both under the federal Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act. If you are discriminated against solely because of your race, you have a right to file a discrimination claim, with the help of an attorney, under these Acts.
RD Law Group has fought on behalf of countless racial discrimination victims in the past, and we are prepared to fight for you as well. Contact us today so we can get started working on your claim.